Meet Wong Wei Long, Singapore Assassin
Dubbed as the Singapore Assassin, Wei Long’s shooting prowess earned him back-to-back Local MVPs — making him the first player to win the award multiple times and the Singaporean who made into Top 10 ABL Players of All-Time.
He founded Scholar Basketball Academy while he was juggling his studies in NTU and playing professionally for Singapore Slingers as well as Singapore National Team Captain.
And now Scholar Basketball Academy has become the leading basketball academy in Singapore more than 20 professional coaches and 4 training locations around this island country.
With a mission to develop the next generation of young elite basketball players in Singapore.
We believe in teaching values through sports
The 2016 National Sports Participation Survey (NSPS)* released by Sport Singapore, Have shown that sports not only improved physical health but also strengthens mental health by enforcing positive values.
Every child deserve the best basketball training possible
1 : 8 Trainer to Trainer Ratio
Professional dedicated coaches with competitive playing experience at the highest level
Fun, Innovative and Structured Basketball Training Program
Access to SBA all year long Signature Basketball Camps by Singapore National Players including 'Wong Wei Long Camp' & 'Leon Kwek Camp'
Our Training Location
WEST/CENTRAL TRAINING CENTRE
- ACS (Barker Road), 60 Barker Rd, Singapore 309919
- Singapore Chinese Girls' School, 190 Dunearn Rd, Singapore 309437
EAST TRAINING CENTRE
- OCBC Arena, 5 Stadium Dr, Singapore 397631
NORTH TRAINING CENTRE
- Scholar Basketball Academy (Skill Lab), 2 Gambas Cres, #01-21, Singapore 757044
3 Steps to Book Your Basketball Training Session
Hear what parent's say about SBA basketball trainings
I’m impressed at how my boy improved during the trainings provided by SBA. Definitely a very proud parent in this aspect. Not only teaching techniques on basket ball, they are also teaching them moral values and discipline. most importantly, my boy enjoyed tremendously during the trainings!
- Felicia Ng
Scholar Basketball Academy coaches is very kind and patient towards us when we make mistakes and correct us. Their Skill lab is very clean and have sufficient space for us to play and learn together with the coaches. Highly recommended!!
- Jayden Toh
i feel that the training has been very useful in helping me develop as a player, as it helps a lot in my fundamentals. Also, the matches organised has help me gain more exposure and experience.
- Xavier Phua
SBA Basketball Guide For Parents
Dear parent/guardian, As part of our efforts to building a strong, vibrant basketball community in Singapore. We have prepared a comprehensive guide that contains valuable information regarding basketball for your child.
This book contains 8 chapters including:
- When can children start playing basketball
- How to choose the right basketball
- Difference between basketball camp and training
- Youth basketball leagues in Singapore
- What young athletes should eat for better performance
- SBA Basketball coaching methods
- 10 Frequently asked questions about SBA basketball training
- BONUS: 3 Individual Basketball Drills that you can practice by yourself. (Shooting, Footwork and Ball Handling)