1) Terms and Conditions
You or your child:
1) must not participate if he/she is 5 years old or below unless accompanied by a parent/guardian.
2) must obey directions at all times from Scholar-Athlete Basketball Academy (SBA) staff and
understand that management reserves the right to refuse entry for any reason, including physical
3) must wear appropriate attire or attire required by the venue.
4) must behave courteously, and disorderly or aggressive behaviour is strictly prohibited.
5) must not in any circumstances abuse the facilities, staff or equipment and pay for any damages to any property.
6) agree that consumption of alcoholic beverages, smoking and bringing cans/glass containers inside the venue is prohibited.
7) if required, must present your access card and photo identification upon entry, and abide by the terms and conditions printed on the card.
8) accept SBA’s terms and conditions (including booking terms and conditions), policies and
Conditions of Entry, which may change without prior notice;
9) understand that a parent or guardian who completes the registration form on behalf of a minor shall be solely responsible for all actions of the minor. All terms and conditions set out herein shall apply to the minor as if said minor had signed the application form, and the parent or guardian is responsible for ensuring that the minor adheres to these;
10) understand that the parent or guardian is responsible for dropping and picking-up the minor to and from the allocated class and/or programme. Please ensure that a parent/guardian or the authorized person for pick-up arrives promptly, and no later than 15minutes after class/programme;
11) understand that SBA may postpone, cancel, interrupt or stop, or deny access to any classes and/or programmes for any dangerous situation, maintenance works or any other causes without notice;
12) confirm that you have attended all required training sessions/briefings/safety sessions and are fully aware of all rules and regulations for participating in any activity;
13) agree that in the event of any dispute, the decision of SBA is final.
2) Disclaimer and Release from Liability
Physical Condition and Risk of Injury: I, the user or the Parent/Guardian of the User, hereby:
1) Knowingly and voluntarily agree, being of legal age and capacity, to the present Agreement and to the terms outlined in the waiver and Release from Liability.
2) acknowledge that participating in activities at the Venue involves a risk of personal injury to myself/ my child and damage of property belonging to others and myself/ my child. I hereby agree that I am a voluntary participant in physical exercise, the use of the Venue, and training and instruction by personnel and I am assuming all risks of injury abnormal body changes from these activities.
Waiver and Release from liability
All warranties, conditions and other terms implied by statute or common law are hereby, to the fullest extent permitted by law, excluded. I warrant, represent and agree that:
1) I/my child am in good health and have no physical conditions that affect my ability to participate in any activity at the Venue and have not been advised otherwise by a medical practitioner.
2) I hereby personally assume any and all risk from participating in any activity/programme.
3) I agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Scholar-Athlete Basketball Academy (SBA) and its employees, agents, contractors, instructors and volunteers from and against any claims, causes of action, damage, judgements, liabilities, fines imposed, fees (including legal fees), costs and expenses incurred by them as a result of my/my child’s actions or failure to act during any activity.
4) In the event of an accident or illness requiring urgent medical treatment, I give permission to receive any emergency dental, medical, or surgical treatment, including anaesthetic or blood transfusion, as considered necessary by the medical authorities present.
5) I assume all risks from my/my child’s participation including without limitation the risk of any negligence or recklessness by other participants. I understand that there may be risks involved which are not known to me, my child or to SBA at this time, or the time of the activities in which I may participate, and agree to assume such unforeseeable risks.
Consent to Photography /Video
I give consent to SBA to use my/my child’s images from any photo / film shoots and waive all rights to the images. This includes reproductions or adaptations of the images for general purposes (e.g. website, promotions and articles). I can ask SBA in writing or email email@example.com to stop using my image at any time. Please note that the letter or email must be from the same parent/caregiver as set out below.
I understand that section 2 (Disclaimer and Release from Liability) is legally binding and will be constructed broadly to provide a release and waiver to the maximum extent permissible under applicable law. Any provisions of this Agreement found to be unenforceable shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provisions, which may be modified by a court having jurisdiction.
3) Governing Law
This agreement is governed by the laws of Singapore and the Singapore courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction to deal with any disputes arising in relation to it.
4) Purchase Policy
1) Understand that there will be no refund after purchase.
2) purchases are non-transferrable – we reserve the rights to cancel or reschedule any programmes in excess of the relevant limits without prior notice.
3) No pro ration of fees.
4)Trainees are required to fulfill the full duration of purchase